Friday, July 2, 2010

The Dark Truth Behind Packing

T-minus 20 hours before I leave Columbus where I get to sit in Chicago for 8 hours. Anticlimactic to say the least. For the maiden voyage of this blog I though I'd comment on the mystery that is packing. I just don't understand it; I talk people who spend days, weeks packing for a short vacation. I really don't understand what they (or is it the royal They?) could be doing all this time when I will have spent at most 3 solid hours packing for the next year. I mean, besides the emergency rations, road flares, and collapsable triage unit that I'm taking on the carry-on the process just involves a few loads of laundry, folding, and the neatly or not-so-neatly placing of all my accouterment into a bag or two. Maybe I'll feel differently when I'm stranded half-naked in O'Hare terminal 7 wishing I dug out that last sock from behind the dryer, but in the mean time (sp?) I'll rest assured that I am a master-packer...no pun intended, so get your mind out of the gutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment