Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Most Expensive Beer in the World

Ok, so I'm sitting in the International terminal of O'Hare airport at the beginning of my 9 hour layover. The natural reaction: grab a beer and watch Ghana lose to Uruguay. I quickly discovered a new tier of beer prices previously unknown to both myself and mankind. Well, in all seriousness 9 dollars for a cup of beer doesn't break the bank, at least I can rationalize it by pretending I got two--in which case it would only be 4.50. This is pretty exciting though, I've now experienced the bottom of the barrel (1.25 coors tall boy in a gas station), the lower middy (2.50 happy hour), the mid range 5.00 bar price, the 7.00 classy ballpark/club price...and now the pinnacle of beers at 9 dollars. I just feel classy thinking about it. This pretty much sums up my bucket list. In any case I won't waste your time any longer, by the next time I write I should be on the other side of the world and hopefully I'll have a few pictures from the view in Seoul or my room at Jungwon college. Korea, here I come.

3 comments:

  1. A $9 dollar beer is a travesty for all of mankind... followed closely by the $7 "alcoholic" cocktail that they'll offer you on the plane or of course the $4 minuscule pack of peanuts. Swindlers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You buying a beer for nine bucks goes against everything we've ever taught you! But then again this is a trip of a lifetime so go ahead and enjoy yourself. You'll have plenty of time to be frugal when you start into med school. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks to me like the travel agent who gave you a nine hour layover and the beer vendors have a cozy arrangement.

    ReplyDelete