Sunday, July 25, 2010

They Have Beer on the Jungwon Campus



This issue is so important that is actually deserves its own blog post. And, no, just to get things straight I'm not going to run out and order 30 beers right now--its just that the discovery of this beverage on the otherwise teetotaling campus is cause for celebration in itself. Specifically, I discovered the holy liquid in the Korean House restaurant--inconspicuously hidden amidst the perpetually empty space but a perfect addition to my bibimbap dinner tonight. In other words, I CAN have a nice beverage in the evening, with my dinner, without walking 20 minutes to the nearest town (and for clarification, we were strictly prohibited to have alcohol on campus, as per jungwon regulations, but if it's in the restaurant....)


On a lesser note, I got to relax this weekend, and even went to an exceptional Korean bbq last night: Ch Il Juk San or something like that. For 8 of us, stuffed to the brim with grilled pork and samgyupsal (see: three layers of fat) = delicious. For those of you who haven't been, at the Korean bbq they bring all the wonderful side dishes, and a plate of raw meat. Then they stoke the fire/coals right there at the table and give you tongs, scissors, and set you off on a manly grilling adventure. Besides being delicious, I actually really enjoy cooking it right there myself. If I want it raw, I eat it raw (and no, I didn't eat any raw pork). It's also a ton of fun when you get a big group of people to go, kind of like a barbeque in your back yard, only more delicious (delicious = ma-shees-a-yo, for your word of the day)

No comments:

Post a Comment